Recipe of the day
32 caramel candies
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup rolled oats
4 Tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In the top of a double boiler, combine caramels and milk. Heat over simmering water until melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in brown sugar and oats. Mix in butter until mixture forms coarse crumbs.
4. Press 1/2 of the flour mixture evenly into a buttered 8-inch square pan. The layer will be fairly thin. Sprinkle chocolate chips and pecans over surface evenly. Pour caramel mixture over chocolate chips and nuts. Sprinkle with remaining flour mixture.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Refrigerate until set, then cut into squares.
YIELDS: 16 squares
Newly submitted recipes
|Swiss Steak II|
Coat center of a large sheet of heavy foil with margarine and place into a 13 x 9-inch dish. Place m [view it...]
|Swiss Steak I|
Mix flour, salt and pepper. Pound into steak with tenderizer or potato masher. Brown in fat in heavy [view it...]
Coat center of large sheet of heavy foil with margarine and place into a 13 x 9-inch dish. Place mea [view it...]
|Sweet and Sour Pot Roast|
In Dutch oven or heavy skillet with a tight lid, add meat and onions and brown, turning to get all s [view it...]